The Global Citizensâ€™ Initiativeâ€™s (TGCI) highly praised online global citizenÂ leadership certificate course will be offered for the 7th consecutive year fromÂ October 22 to December 14, 2018. The course is meant for young and mid-levelÂ international development professionals working in NGOs, government, businessÂ or international organizations. Applications from students studying internationalÂ development or a related field also are welcome. Over 120 students from 22Â countries have successfully completed the course thus far.
The course is intended to build the ability of participants to address global issuesÂ within and across countries. Students get to learn and interact with one another inÂ addressing real life problems in human rights, gender equity, environmentalÂ protection and sustainable development, poverty reduction and income inequality,Â good governance, and global peace and justice. . More information about theÂ course can be accessed at The TGCI 7th Annual Global Citizen Leadership Information Page.
The course is limited to 20 participants. Please complete the application form andÂ submit it to Senior Instructional Advisor Dr. Louise Michelle Vital atÂ Michelle@gcitizen.org. Applications must be submitted no later than OctoberÂ 12, 2018. To ensure participation we encourage you to submit your applicationsÂ early. You will be notified within one week after receiving your applicationÂ whether you have been accepted.
Please note if you are accepted to the course, you will need to provide a $350.00Â admission fee that can be paid by PayPal or MoneyGram.
Important Course Information
- You must have access to Broadband Internet in order to participate
- Students must be available to attend the online seminar on Mondays from 9:00-10:00am USA Eastern Standard Time
- Successful completion of the course includes
- Weekly attendance at the online seminar
- Participation in weekly discussions with peers via our online course site
- Submitting a weekly assignment
- Completing the final course assignment
- All course materials are entirely in English
- The course is taught entirely online
- A Course Certificate of Achievement is awarded to all those who successfully complete their assignments
- Tuition is $350.00 USD and must be paid by the start of the course and no later than October 19, 2018 either through PayPal, MoneyGram, or a bank certified check.
- Note: Due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected to
participate will be contacted.